Always, if possible, take the DNA test from the same company where you maintain your family tree. These six website links are highly recommended to prepare you for making both decisions.
- What Is the Difference Between Genealogy and Family History and Where Do I Start? – AncestorCloud Blog
- Clash of the Titans: Ancestry.com vs. FamilySearch.org. And the Winner Is…?. – Genealogy Adventures
- Comparison of Genealogy Software – Wikipedia
- Genealogy Research Tips I Wish I’d Known at the Start – Bespoke Genealogy
- Beginner Tips for Using Ancestry.com – Family Tree
- Rules for Accepting Hints on Ancestry.com – Living with Beth (McIntire)